Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Baking Egg Tarts

Just now in the evening, I thought of baking egg tarts since Chai Lim has given me the recipe about a week ago in her blog. Saw her post of egg tarts before that looked so delicious! See this! Therefore without delay I asked from her since I have time to bake now. This is the first time I make egg tarts ler.. I followed her recipe totally. The baking was not really successful but I managed to bake some good ones as I think the egg tart molds that Lim used are bigger than mine... so this caused my pastry to be quite thick and some left over of egg tart filling. Anyway, here are the ingredients.. ^_^


Mixing flour to make pastry

Dough is ready


Filling the tart shell...

Ready to be baked in oven!

Finally they are ready to be served! ;) Actually this is the second tray, first tray a bit burnt.. -.-" coz of the time, remember to watch the tarts to prevent being burnt.


As I said... there was some left over of egg tart filling, so my sis and I thought of making this giant egg tart pie to use up the egg filling. We made another new pastry using the APPLE PIE recipe that I use to bake! Not from the egg tart recipe.

See! While the egg pie was baked in the oven, the filling grew bigger and bigger! Like a pregnant mum's tummy.. haha.. breathe in, breathe out.. :P


If any of you are interested to bake, do check out the recipe in Chai Lim's blog here & egg tart picture! ^_^

Reminder: The recipe above serves 12. A 12-muffin tray can be used, or like mine, can use a 6-muffin tray but bake 2 rounds. Salt can be reduced according to your own taste. Time to bake is 15-20 mins, my oven applies to 15 mins with tarts preheated together in oven. Just watch out the tarts when it turns brown.

No comments: